Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New Book Now Available



Greatest Improvement in Dance chronicles some of my musically obsessive adventures. This is quite a departure from my previous works of prose and poems. This music is mostly other peoples but sometimes crosses over (like a mischievous ghost) into my own musical works. The stage is also set for my evolving solo project RODENTAL. I present perspectives on that solo performance as well as performing as EaViL and my chaotic beginnings in The Electric Set. All of these works have previously been unpublished and this is their first time in print. There are reviews of albums by Siouxsie, Prince, Nico and Glass Candy. There are in depth interviews with my pals Lydia Lunch and Mister Fuckhead. There is a live review of Diamanda Gal├ís’ Valentine’s Day Massacre from NYC in 2007. There are some things that are pretty random like my first song lyric and some thoughts on the music of Vampyros Lesbos. There is also some insight into DJing and making compilations. I feel it’s important that each selection has a meaning behind it and serves a purpose or theme. The words here are presented as they were originally written aside from some grammatical fine tunings. There are also several photos and illustrations used to compliment the text. There is an undercurrent of self improvement and the importance of it that runs through.


Support independent publishing: buy this book on Lulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment